As you all know, I had my third baby boy 6 weeks ago. I talked about how hard this pregnancy was for me and my body was
kind of TOTALLY wrecked from it! I am just now peeing ALMOST normal, I got my first stretch marks :( , my face is breaking out like a high schooler, yup, it’s good times over here. I gained almost 50 pounds and I lost 20 over the first 4 weeks, but now I have to lose the rest! I am bound and determined let me tell you. I was in pretty good shape after I had Grayson using Weight Watchers, but I am just not ready to give up my cookies and Pepsi right now… it’s my sanity at the moment :)
So I decided to get back into the workout scene again and I just am not ready to get back to the gym. It is cold and flu season here in good ole’ Cincy and so I am just not comfortable putting Bennett in the childcare there yet. I had heard some buzz about the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge and how much moms all around the world are loving it so I thought I would give it a try. I am currently on Day 12 and wanted to share my thoughts with you:
*photo credit: Bikini Body Mommy*
- Bikini Body Mommy has three different workouts to choose from: 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0. Each is a totally free 90 day workout. You workout 6 days, rest for 1 and then repeat. She has several free printables to track your progress, along with motivational videos and a meal plan and cookbooks you can purchase from her website.
- I decided to sign up for the 2.o challenge. You pick your start day and then she emails you a video workout each day, along with printables so you can do the workout on your own if you don’t want to follow the video.
- My first impression…I was use to high intensity 45 min-60 minute workouts at the gym so when I completed my first almost 20 minute workout with Bikini Body Mommy I was a little disappointed. I felt like how am I going to see any difference with such a short workout?! But after sticking with it for the first week, I definitely thought this was a great way to get back into it. I think starting out with an intense Beach Body 1 hour workout would be too much for me, not only on my joints and muscles, but also TIME. 2o minutes is a lot more realistic to complete than an hour-long workout.
- I think this challenge is great for someone newer to working out and the new mom who didn’t keep up with working out during pregnancy. You can really set your own pace with each move and work your way up.
- I also like that she is REAL! She has a little one running around in her videos at times and has to run to get dinner out of the oven. All of us mamas can relate to this and it makes me feel better as I am cleaning up breakfast in between the 1 minute interval workouts. Us moms have to multitask and one positive to a 20 minute workout is that I can fit it into my day and it doesn’t feel overwhelming. I think we can all find 20 minutes somewhere in our day right?! I also like that you workout for a minute and then take a 30 second to 1 minute break which allows me to tend to the kids if someone needs something quickly or clean up the table from breakfast etc.
- I didn’t feel like the strength training using the weights was super challenging, but I was only using 5 pound weights. This is what I use for a longer workout so I increased to 8 pounds and it feels much more difficult now. She says to use weights heavier than your purse or diaper bag so I think that is a good rule to follow.
- Did I say it’s FREE?! Who doesn’t love FREE!!!! I also like that she gives you printables with it so if your internet is acting up, which has happened to me, I can still do the workout by following along what is in my email.
Overall, she makes it super easy for anyone, at any physical level to start the program and I like that she is a real life mom with real life problems. She even talked about getting sick and not being able to workout for a few weeks and that is just real life! We aren’t always going to be able to eat the best or workout every day. All we can do is try our best!!
I am trying to start small because like I said, I am not ready to give up my fav foods right now. I started with increasing my water intake. She suggests drinking half your body weight in ounces so I fill a pitcher in the morning and try to drink that by the end of the day. Next week I want to add in to stop eating after 7pm. At some point, I will try to cut out the sugar and soda, but I am just not there yet! I am hoping that I can complete this 90 Day Challenge and I will share my thoughts with you when I am all done. Fingers crossed I make it that far :)
What workouts have you tried and liked? How, as a mom, do you fit in exercise?