Well, there isn’t a whole lot you can do with the flu, but ride it out! As you can see, my post is coming a day late….why you ask??! Well, I have been cleaning up all bodily fluids since Sunday and today is the first day I have even been able to open my computer!
Grayson came down with the flu Sunday and then Cody and I on Wed (at the same time) and then Daddy. This was a ROUGH flu. I wasn’t even able to lift my head for almost an entire day. Thankfully, Steve and I were not sick at the same time so someone was able to take care of the kids! Even after you are through the worst part…. your stomach just isn’t the same for days. Grayson is just now eating somewhat normally and it has been a week for him! To top it off, Cody came down with a double ear infection thursday eve. The doc actually said that you can give them Ibuprofen every six hours for three days and the infection could clear up on its own. If after the three days, he is still complaining, we can fill the antibiotic script. I found that interesting, but I like that we can minimize the use of antibiotics as much as possible! So far, I haven’t even had to give him the Ibu but before bed.
A few things to have on hand this winter as a just in case:
- Crackers. I usually buy unsalted, but salted is good for when you are going on two days of eating crackers… it gives it a little somethin’ somethin’ :)
- Gatorade. Similar to Pedialyte, but not that Cody is older, he won’t just drink the Pedialyte by itself.
- Pedialyte. Even though it seems that Gatorade is putting those electrolytes back in the body, I still mix a little of the non-flavored pedialyte with it :)
- Ginger ale and Sprite. The hubs and I like this for our upset tummy.
- Peppermints. Anything peppermint seems to make an upset tummy just feel a little better.
- Peppermint oil. I rub this around the belly button, clockwise, and it really helps with nausea. Cody specifically asks for this when his stomach is upset. I LOVE using essential oils for just about anything!
I always put our Theives oil on and you can put 10-15 drops in a spray bottle with water to disinfect the house from all those germies! Try to stay healthy during flu season and I hope these tips help you survive IF the flu bug happens to hit your house! What do you like to have most when you are feeling under the weather??!