Who doesn’t LOVE the CROCKPOT??!! My goal is to use mine more this winter and I had to start with this potato soup I had at a friends house. It was SOOOO yummy and once I looked at the recipe and saw how easy it was, I HAD to make it :)
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but not peeled. You can slice these into cubes or slices.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced or 5 teaspoon of the jarred minced garlic
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth- I get organic stock at Costco
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon (optional)
- Add the potatoes, garlic, onion, chicken stock, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- If you have an immersion blender you can add your cream cheese in chunks directly to your hot crock and blend. I found it easier to add the soup to my Vitamix (or any blender) and blend the cream cheese that way. This way you can control how thin or chunky you want your soup.
What are your favorite crockpot recipes??