I have been hearing about how much everyone LOVES the Keurig for what seems like YEARS and have finally gotten one of my own (it is kind of like the iPhone- one day I will crack under the pressure and just get one to try for myself)!! I knew that the Keurig would be a great purchase for our family for many reasons:
- I don’t drink coffee so when the hubs makes a pot of coffee on the weekends a majority of it goes to waste since he is the only one who drinks it.
- He wants to have a cup of coffee after dinner and won’t because he doesn’t want to waste the whole pot!
- It would be great for entertaining because you can buy sample K Cup boxes so that everyone can choose their own flavor!
- I love tea (hot and cold) and hot chocolate and I can get all of the above for the Keurig!
They have several different models you can choose from. A Keurig Mini is absolutely adorable!! They add a pop of color which just makes you happy! It is compact and delivers hot or cold beverages in under 2 minutes!! How about that for quick and easy?! What mom wouldn’t appreciate that? Best of all, it’s under $100!! New colors for 2013 include orange, purple and teal. I love that you can make it a little more personal by getting their favorite color!
We decided on the Keurig Platinum Brewing System which is mack daddy of the Keurig machines (in my opinion)! You just can’t go wrong with this machine!
- It is fully programmable so my hubby can set it to turn on and be ready as he leaves for work in the morning!
- You can choose between 5 different cup sizes, between 4-12 oz., so Steve can set his for the large travel size mug and I can choose the smaller cup sizes if I am making hot chocolate for the kiddos! I can also control the temp so it isn’t too hot for little mouths :)
- All the parts are BPA free!
- You can choose between a TON of different K Cup varieties which is awesome! Each member of the family can have their own preference vs. making one pot of something that not everyone loves.
- There is a large 72 oz reservoir that holds the water so you can make multiple cups before having to refill it. My hubby loves this feature!
Overall, I am in love with this machine! It ROCKS! I would highly recommend the Keurig and it would make a GREAT mother’s day gift :) I would love to hear your favorite K Cup brand!!