- 2 bags of grain rice
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray
- Empty the rice into the crockpot
- Cover the rice with water or chicken stock. Add about another inch of water to ensure it’s really covered. You can add 3 chicken bouillion cubes if you don’t want to use chicken stock.
- Add 4 tbsp (or possibly more if you want) of butter
- Cook on high for about 3-4 hours. You need to watch it near the last hour depending on how fast your crockpot cooks. This turns to mush if you overcook it.
When the rice is cooled, separate into freezer bags. When you are ready to cook, just let it thaw and stick it in the microwave with a tbsp of butter (to moisten it) and you’re good to go! This saves SO much time and quite a bit of money considering a bag of uncooked rice is around $1.50 and we get about 3-4 side dishes with the one bag.
*Thanks to: Mommy Snacks