- Vanilla beans (from the natural food store)
- Take 2-4 beans and slice them vertically without cutting in half, making sure that any small seeds are captured on wax paper.
- Place beans and seeds into a small glass jar with about 3/4 c vodka. A 6 ounce baby food jar is the perfect size. Chop the beans lengthwise so they fit in the jar.
- Let age in a dark cabinet for at least two weeks, shaking occasionally, at least every few days. The longer it sits, the stronger the vanilla flavor.
- As you use your vanilla, keep replenishing the jar with more vodka.
- Vanilla beans should be replaced every 6 months
*Courtesy of: Ruth Yaron’s Super Baby Food