- One or more of you favorite fruits (we like to use our over ripe fruit that would otherwise be close to being thrown out!) pureed to approximately 2 cups
- Prepare a large cookie sheet by lining it with plastic wrap or you can grease the cookie sheet with oil or a spray.
- Wash the fruit well. You can peel the fruits, but you can leave the skins on. Place the fruit in a blender to puree. You can add lemon juice to prevent discoloration if you wish.
- Spread the puree evenly onto the cookie sheet until it is 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- There are many ways to dry the fruit. The easiest way we have found is to place the tray in a preheated 175* oven with the door slightly open for about three hours. If you don’t have the three hours during the day to devote: Place the tray in a preheated 275* oven with the door closed for 30-35 minutes. Then turn off the oven, leave the oven door closed, and let dry overnight for 8-10 hours.
- You can roll it or cut shapes into it!
- It will keep for 2 weeks at room temp, 2 months in the fridge and 3-4 months in the freezer.
You can puree a couple batches at a time. Freeze the extra puree for drying another time; when ready to use, simply thaw, spread on sheets, and dry!
Courtesy of: Ruth Yaron’s Super Baby Food